Open Culture tells the full story of a day in 1976 when Neil Young sat on the sidewalk in front of the entrance to Glasgow’s Central Station with banjo and harmonica and played “Old Laughing Lady” while a local film crew recorded the footage above that had been mostly forgotten since then.
- Paul Tudor Jones, founder of The Robin Hood Foundation, on the power of a great name
- Such desiderata of desiderata. Many antiquary. So curiosa. Wow.
- Luminous vaporware: Dutch artist Berndnaut Smilde’s indoor clouds
- The cutaway: The bisected sets of Anderson, Godard, Lewis, Berkeley, Keaton and Parrott
- Vic Chesnutt performing his song, “Woodrow Wilson”