From the Naming & Branding Manifesto, number 21: The key to getting noticed in the turbulent sea of cultural messages is not to speed up, but to slow down. If your name can disrupt someone’s ordinary routine, they will stop and pay attention.
- Paul Tudor Jones, founder of The Robin Hood Foundation, on the power of a great name
- Such desiderata of desiderata. Many antiquary. So curiosa. Wow.
- Luminous vaporware: Dutch artist Berndnaut Smilde’s indoor clouds
- The cutaway: The bisected sets of Anderson, Godard, Lewis, Berkeley, Keaton and Parrott
- Vic Chesnutt performing his song, “Woodrow Wilson”